Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Young Learners Showcase

So most people post pictures of their cute little kids on their blogs. That's normal. Since I have none, and I am not allowed to post my students pictures on anything, I have to post pictures of my classroom. So if ya'll are looking for something with a diaper, you'll just have to move along. Sorry to disappoint.

Pictures of my classroom before the time consuming extravaganza:


You have no idea how long those butterfly mobiles took! Ahhhhhhhh. Can we say 16 knots per child? Twitch, twitch.

We did a unit on insects, in which we grew and took care of our own. It's amazing how you can get over the grossest things when you really are the only adult in the room.

The whole set up: Mealworms, crickets, waxworms, milkweed bugs, and butterflies.



Cricket habitat: Ironically enough, they are much quieter than our bred in the wild hallway crickets.



Did you know that mealworms actually turn into darkling beetles? Well now you do! Anyone in the mood for some bran now?


Here some of the outside bulletin boards:


And we're probably nuts in other ways too, but you know....



Inside each one of these homemade backpacks is a little gem of a memory straight from a 2nd graders heart. "My favorite 2nd grade memory is when my mealworm peed on me." Hmmmmm.


Dinosaurs!






And the teacher herself, ready to go...

6 comments:

Neal and Angie said...

You look great! Love your dress!! Your class is so lucky to have such a wonderful teacher!

Natalie R. said...

It's so fun to see your classroom, I bet you're such an awesome teacher! I'm sure all your students love you tons. You can tell you put a ton of work into your class, and I'm so impressed that you managed to get through the insects unit!!

Brad & Emily said...

You're beautiful. Congrats on making it through the Showcase. Your room looks great. I wish I was one of your students!

Hessie said...

It is so cool to see your room and all the cool projects you do with your class! I especially love the mealworm beetles and the hand flowers! You are amazing.

Lance n Amber said...

What a cute little teacher! And a great classroom. It makes me want to go back to school!

Rachel said...

Cute classroom. I'd totally want to be one of your kids. Hope the last 1.5 days go great!