Dear Walmart,
We've been seeing each other for awhile now. And through the years we've gotten to know each other fairly well. I think too well. That's why I need to talk to you today.
Walmart, I think it's time we took a break from one another. We see each other too often. We are both limiting our options. You have such a wide variety of tastes and such a draw for people, I hate to hold you back. You have the whole world at your feet, clamoring for your low prices. How can I stand in the way of all these opportunities?
As for me, I've begun to see some others. I know this will come as a shock to you, but I think I'll be happier. Target has such short lines, cute clothes, and a large and varied assortment of trail mixes.
We've had our good times, for sure. Who can forget the 12-1 am runs for last minute grocery items or project supplies for a class. I'll always cherish that time that I slipped on my bottom down the canned fruit aisle, and the charming gentleman who laughed so hard that I noticed he didn't have any teeth left. I swear I saw his gums jiggling. Or the time that I had to run in just before a wedding reception. My black ballet style flats padding along your tasteful linoleum flooring. I encountered two tactful patrons in the kitchen utensils saying, "Whooo boy do you always get this dressed up to come to wal-mart? You look like you's goin' to a weddin'!" Well actually, I kind of was. The memories could go on, but I'm afraid it would be too painful. For the both of us.
You never really made me happy Walmart. I'm sorry to say, but I was seeing you out of necessity. Don't worry though. I'm sure occasionally I'll slip into see you once in awhile. Probably more often than either of us predict.
Good luck Walmart. I hope things turn out for the best for the both of us.
Sincerely,
Julie
1 comment:
I LOVE THIS! YOU ARE SO FUNNY!
Post a Comment