Today Lissie is half a year old! It's hard to believe that it was only six months ago. I would recap the day, but to be honest I don't really remember most of it and that which I remember, you wouldn't want to hear. But, instead let's discuss six great things about Lissie being six months old:
1) The SIDS rate decreases significantly when a child reaches six months. I am afraid of SIDS. A lot. It's a relief to know that we've made it this far and that she's okay and will be at less risk for something that seems so uncontrollably scary. Enough on the scary one.
2) Lisse loves to eat in her high chair now. She waves her arms up and down, blows food bubbles out at us, squeals when she likes something, and is generally adorable when there's food smeared all over her face.
3) Her head fits into her hat that my friend Annie made. I think it is perfect for her. Annie has an etsy shop. If you're interested, go here.
4) She loves playing outside and watching other kids play at the playground. Whenever she's grumpy and I don't know what to do with her, if I take her outside she calms right down. The swing is, obviously, her favorite.
5) Since it is six months since March, that means it is September! We are moving away from the painfully hot and into the unbearably cold. But we have some nice time in between. And that means Lissie and I can be outside more. Which, as discussed above, she likes.
6) We got to eat cake. I know, Lissie can't eat cake, but we wanted to celebrate. She got sweet potatoes, which are her favorite. I am not a cake decorator. I didn't post this picture for you to "oooh" and "ahhh" over my decorating job. I posted it so you know that we ate cake.
We love our Lissie Sue!








8 comments:
What a sweet little tomato. And how cute does that hat look on her? I'm thrilled she'll be able to wear it this fall. And it still looks a little roomy, so I'm guessing this spring will be a possibility as well. She's so beautiful! Like her dear, dear mother.
I love half birthdays and it is always fun to see what kids my kids' ages are doing. She is cute. Poor Clark has only eated what's in our garden so far which means lots of zucchini. I should really get him sweet potatoes...I know he'd love it.
She is adorable!
I can't believe how old she is looking. What a cutie pie.
Oh, Lissie looks so cute in Annie's hat! I remember when you got that at your shower! Crazy! I just wish I was there to hold her and squish her. In a non-threatening, very loving way, of course.
What a fun, fun age! From all the pictures you've posted, I can see she's really turned into her own littler person now. What a cutie!
She is so cute!!! I love those pictures, and I'm so glad that she's doing so great and growing so well. I love it when they get to 6 months because they start learning so many things and having so much personality. Just wait until she starts crawling, it's so fun!!
I loved the part about the cake! You are the best!
Post a Comment